Wednesday, November 26, 2008

four weeks and counting...

Current tuneage: Throw Your Hands In the Air - Outkast

NaNoWriMo Stats:
Days in: 26

Words written: 48,390
On target? Yes! (I should be finished today!)

Working hard today to make sure that I finished those last few words so I can "win" NaNo. Although the story is coming along better than I thought (I was going crazy about 3,000 words ago) it's nowhere near what I thought it was going to turn out to be. Apparently the characters didn't like what I had planned for them and made their own story.

On the other hand, it was a lot more fun to write a story in which I wasn't quite sure where it was going. Because of this, I think I'm going to try out the same tactics for the next one I write. Instead of coming out with a fancy, VERY detailed outline of nearly every character action, I'll just do character bios and let them do their thing... it certainly makes the writing process almost as exciting as the reading process :)

More next week!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Hunter and Holly said...

haha i think you need to update all your loyal readers :)