Friday, October 31, 2008

NaNoWriMo!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Current tuneage: All I Have To Do Is Dream - The Everly Brothers

So last week I was just finishing up a short story and debating on whether or not to cut it back 700 words so I could send it in to a short story contest. Honestly, I still haven't decided. Clearly it didn't make the 10/27 deadline, but I still have several weeks for the Dec. 1st deadline. So while I'm pondering that...

I'm participating in NaNoWriMo this year!! For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's National Novel Writing Month and takes place every November. (I believe this year is the 10th anniversary). Starting at midnight tonight over 100,000 writers from all over the country begin writing a novel. The goal is that by midnight on November 30th you have 50,000 words written (or 175 pages). That's 1167 words a day to stay on par... I can do that, right?

It's something I actually heard about last year, but didn't have the opportunity to participate since I'd already begun novel #3. But this year, I figure what better way to get started on novel #4!? So this week I've been preparing all my material, character bios, plot outline, etc. so that I will be ready!

I'm really hoping the dicipline it's going to take to complete NaNoWriMo successfully will help me in my future deadline endeavors...

wish me luck!!

TGIF!!

No comments: