Wednesday, July 2, 2008

follow up to yesterday's post

Current tuneage: Reckless - Alabama

Well, I tried yesterday to use the new writing techniques that I'd read about the night before. I wasn't able to successfully immerse myself in the writing, but I do believe these strategies will work for me in the future. Part of the reason I think I'm struggling lately is I'm still in the after-writing stage. I just finished the second novel less than three weeks ago and I'm mentally exhausted and drained from that. It usually only takes me a few weeks to fuel back up, so I'm hoping that once the anticipation of the holiday weekend is over, I'll be back to being good and focused on Monday.

I did finally finish compiling my list of literary magazines that are potential fits for my short story, so perhaps that will encourage me to be extra productive next week.

Happy Fourth of July weekend everyone!

No comments: