Friday, June 13, 2008

TGIF!

Current tuneage: Jump Around by House of Pain

Fridays always seem to find me anxious and not nearly as focused as I'd like to be. My brain feels like it's already checked out for the weekend, so why should the rest of me be any more productive? Most of those writing books will tell you to keep a schedule, writing so many hours or so many pages or X number of words a day. And while I agree that writing daily certainly makes writing easier, I think it's pretty tough for the creative-type to keep to silly schedules. At least for me. I prefer to write as much as I can. Some days that means I get multiple chapters done. Others, it might only be a few sentences or none at all. I'm sure as soon as I'm lucky enough to be inducted into the world of published authors I'll have to push myself a little harder to meet deadlines, but for now it's not a concern. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the luxury of being able to take as long as I like to complete a project.

"We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action." - Frank Tibolt

Happy Friday!

No comments: